When I Am An Old Lady - Work In Progress

Signature Ready To Stamp

I suppose I have posted in the wrong order. I have shown the completed book before the Work In Progress. I just wanted to a little of my stamping process.

All the signatures for the book were done on my typwriter first. Lots of fun - typying 15 books by hand :-) I then did the stamping. The top image is the typed signature ready to stamp.

For the old lady stamp the main image outline is done in grey - below. I had a separate stamp to do her jumper and I stamped this in grey also.


Old Lady Stamped

 Then I had another separate stamp to do the blue rinse for her hair.

Old Lady, Hair Stamp

The blue ink I was using was too strong. So I inked the stamp first and stamped on a scrap piece of paper and then stamped the image. This gave the more faded blue I was looking for. If you look at the top image you can see where I have stamped the hair (right hand side of the image).

Old Lady + Hair Stamped

As you can see it is all very low tech. Just 2 rulers to line up the paper, but I like the simplicity of this print process. 

With some stamps I thought it might be easier to do the main stamp and hand colour the other bits, but although its a bit fiddly to cut a separate stamp e.g. for the hair - it is much quicker just to stamp the hair than to faff around with a brush :-)

Labels: , ,