Home        About         Book Art         Rubber Stamps        Print        Typewriters         Shop  

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Hope is the thing with feathers...




Just when I think I've read all the most beautiful Emily Dickinson poems I discover a new one. A nice wish for the New Year.  This is also makes me think about living life simply. Technology provides us with great tools and ever increasing ways of communicating but it doesn't always simplify things. Maybe its my age (!) but I am increasingly finding joy in the most basic things.  Walking to work taking photos of the clouds or feeding the crows in the park. It makes me so happy and sets me up for the day.  I feel like I want to slow down and not feel like I'm running around chasing my own tail - sounds like its definitely my age!


If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

5 comments:

  1. You are definitely not alone in wanting life to s l o w down. Rather a lot.
    The latest Emily poem is a wonderful find - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! And I love the photo of the robin. Did you take it? They are my husband's favourite bird (with the puffin) and we don't see either out here.
    HNY Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda. Yes I did take the photo - In Ireland at my parents house. The Robin was standing on a ladder. Looks like he's posing for the camera :-) Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda is right, both are really beautiful, the bird and the poem to go along with it - or maybe the other way around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Hilke. I found the poem which reminded me of the photo I took 3 years ago. How the time has flown!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails