angelacallanan.com Rubber Stamp

angelacallanan.com Rubber Stamp

I mentioned in this post that at the time I made it - this was the most difficult stamp I ever carved, but then I did this one!

I wanted text to go with my little blackbird stamp. My usual method is to type the text on the typewriter (Silver-Reed Silverette) - enlarge it to twice the size and then trace this on to the rubber block.  However this looked too big next to the blackbird - so I had to go smaller. I really wasn't sure if I could do it but I just went for it and it came out OK.

Below is a photo of the text on the rubber block - I have carved the first few letters. The text is about 3mm high x 2mm wide.

angelacallanan.com Rubber Stamp

So I have decided to use it for my business card along with the little blackbird stamp - this is it stamped on to Canford Gunmetal Grey Card - cut and then rounded the corners.  There are a few more photos on here of the carving process - I didn't take a lot of photos because it was one of those times that when I started carving I had to keep going otherwise I would have lost the plot with it :-)

angelacallanan.com - Rubber Stamp Business Card

Labels: ,